What Dental Crowns Can Do for Your Smile
Dental crowns are a restorative dental treatment that can be used in many cases from strengthening weakened teeth to repairing damaged teeth. Dr. Christopher Poss is a dentist in Eau Claire, WI. He offers full dental services including dental crowns.
When Dental Crowns Are a Good Choice
Dental patients can benefit from dental crowns:
- Strengthening a weakened tooth: If a tooth has been damaged by decay, or you have had a root canal, a dental crown can strengthen the integrity of the tooth and prevent further damage.
- Eliminating chips or cracks: Dental crowns can be used to cover minor damage to teeth and make them look just like your natural teeth in terms of shape, size, and color.
- Restoring function: Crowns can help restore your ability to bite, chew food, and talk.
- Replacing missing teeth: Dental crowns, combined with bridgework can replace lost teeth giving you a new and confident smile and keeping your teeth aligned.
- Covering discolored teeth: Say goodbye to stained teeth. Dental crows will give you a bright, white smile.
Dental crowns are cemented securely in your mouth, so they won’t move around. They are available in several different materials including porcelain, porcelain fused with metal, and composite. Although metal crowns may not look attractive, they are the strongest, so they are a good choice for strengthening molars, while porcelain crowns make excellent replacements for visible front teeth. To have dental crowns fitted, Dr. Poss will have to shave away some of the surface enamel of the teeth being treated so that the crowns will fit.
If you are looking for an Eau Claire, WI dentist or you would like to find out more about what dental crows can do for you, call Dr. Poss at (715) 833-2223 to schedule an appointment.