Posts for: December, 2019
Dental crowns, also called dental caps, are cemented restorations that partially or completely cover the outside of teeth to address a number of structural and aesthetic issues. Here at the Eau Claire, WI, office of Dr. Christopher Poss D.D.S, we offer a full range of dental care services to our patients. Here are 5 signs that dental crowns could help your smile.
1. You have decayed teeth. When teeth are badly decayed, they need to be covered with dental crowns. This is because the remaining tooth structure is left so weak that it's prone to fracture. Dental crowns will restore your decayed teeth and make your smile healthy again.
2. You have cracked teeth. Eating can be very painful when you have cracked or fractured teeth. Dental crowns can hold your compromised teeth together and redistribute the stress evenly across the structure, eliminating the pain in most cases.
3. You have stained teeth. Tooth discoloration can have numerous causes including smoking, drinking dark-colored beverages, and the use of certain medications. Dental crowns can give you a brighter, whiter smile by hiding the appearance of severely discolored teeth. There's nothing more beautiful than a bright-white smile!
4. You have weakened teeth. Dental cavities and decay eat away at tooth enamel. Large fillings also tend to weaken teeth. Fortunately, dental crowns can restore and protect your weakened/worn down teeth, as well as prevent further structural damage.
5. You have broken cusps. Dental crowns are used to repair teeth that have broken cusps. Cusps often break off of teeth due to an injury or large dental fillings. Since the cusps are the part of the teeth that take the most stress while you chew, they need to be completely covered or the teeth will keep fracturing.
Need dental work? Call our Eau Claire office today
Dental crowns can give you a beautiful, healthy smile. Don't delay—call Dr. Christopher Poss D.D.S. at 715-833-2223 right now to schedule a consultation in Eau Claire, WI. We want all our patients to have beautiful, healthy smiles for life!