Posts for: June, 2018
We are not a spa, we are a dental office. We do not want to be a spa.We specialize in patient comfort and the delivery of the best possible dental care we can provide.
Dr Poss and his staff regularly attend continuing education courses to stay up to date on cutting edge dentistry.Our hygienist is an expert in gum tissue care and has been using the latest LBA (Laser Bacterial Reduction) for several years with fantastic results.
Our focus is on quality care for your teeth and gums, helping you to keep your teeth for a lifetime!
Dentures help you maintain your appearance and your ability to eat your favorite foods. The type of dentures you choose will depend on the degree of tooth loss you've suffered and your personal preferences. Assisting patients in finding the best dentures is just one of the services offered by Eau Claire, WI, dentist, Dr. Christopher Poss.
Which dentures are right for you?
Wearing dentures offers many important benefits. Restoring your smile can help boost your self-esteem and make it easier to eat and speak. Dentures also support the muscles of your lower face, helping you avoid the sunken facial appearance that can occur after tooth loss. Your Eau Claire dentist may recommend one or more of these types of dentures if you've lost teeth:
- Full Dentures: When most people think about dentures, they picture removable full dentures. The dentures consist of a row of artificial teeth attached to a pink base designed to look like gum tissue. The dentures are custom-made to fit the ridges in your mouth, which helps ensure a comfortable fit. Removable full dentures are used after your mouth heals completely from tooth extractions.
- Immediate Dentures: There's no waiting period when you choose immediate dentures. Before your teeth are extracted, impressions of your mouth will be made to create your dentures. You'll begin wearing the dentures immediately after the extractions. Immediate dentures can speed the denture adjustment process, reduce bleeding and help you avoid a toothless period while your mouth heals. Your dentures will need to be adjusted and relined as your mouth heals. Although you can continue to use your immediate dentures indefinitely, full dentures may fit better and last longer.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are designed to fill gaps in your smile that occur if you've only lost some of your teeth. You can remove the dentures for cleaning by unhooking them from the teeth that support them.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Implant-supported dentures feel more like real teeth because they're attached to dental implants. Implants are synthetic replacement roots that bond to your jawbone. It may be possible to support an upper or lower denture with as few as four dental implants.
- Overdentures: If you have remnants of a few teeth remaining, and the roots are in good condition, overdentures can be a good option. The roots keep your jawbone strong and can be used to anchor implant-supported overdentures.
Do you need a little help choosing dentures? Call our Eau Claire, WI, dentist, Dr. Poss, at (715) 833-2223 to schedule an appointment.